Who is Miesha Roshawn?

Monday, February 13, 2012

Yes I know...

Yes I said I had stuff on my mind that I wanted to blog about last week but I just didn't feel like doing it *shrugs*

I did check my weight this morning and I am at 178.6. That's down almost 2 pounds from last week. I was in New Orleans over the weekend with my sweetheart and we ate out a few times.



His plate: seafood platter with fried shrimp, oysters, fish and fries

* we also shared an order of voodoo rolls, that's a crawfish stuff egg roll


My plate: fried eggplant stuffed with crab, shrimp and angel hair pasta with cream sauce

This was Saturday night date night food! I've never been to this spot, some of THE BEST food I've ever had! We had a very nice time together, it's always good when it's just us..minus all of the running around with the kids.

Ironically when we were eating dinner we both received text messages at the same time about Whitney Houston passing away. I was a HUGE Whitney Houston fan growing up, probably like most girls my age. I had my hopes high for a comeback success so hearing this really saddened me.

I will say that I truly believe in my heart that our paths are predestined. Choices and decisions along the way will aide in our failures and successes. I believe in God and I believe that God makes no mistakes, whether or not we agree is personal.

I pray that Whitney Houston has some peace and comfort now.

For those of you that commented on my last blog post, I appreciate it! I wasn't sad or upset about the weight gain, my body really looks good from the strength training! As a matter of fact, my boyfriend told me when he saw me, "You done got finer than a MF!" So we're straight and I'm not trippin :-)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Trina said...

It's okay to splurge! I've never had voo doo rolls and they sholl looked good!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm all late, but where did ya'll get the voodoo rolls? I need them in my life next time I'm in N.O.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...