Who is Miesha Roshawn?

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Attitude IS everything!

This might come across as a bit harsh but I have to speak my mind! I have compassion when it comes to the struggles of weight loss but I don’t have any sympathy for the “woe is me” attitude. With all of the gimmicks and diets out there, it is easy to fall victim once you see that the “magic pill” that promised a 20 pound loss in a month didn’t work. I do not like or use the word diet. It is a four letter word literally. If you think dieting is going to remove excess pounds for good than I’m sorry to inform you that you are sadly mistaken! A diet is a temporary fix, a band aid for the problem. In order to be successful at permanent weight loss you have to change your entire attitude and outlook on life!

I can’t get with someone that feels sorry for them self because they are choosing to take the easy way out. It’s easy to eat all of the wrong foods and not exercise. It’s easy to place the blame on everything and everyone else except yourself. I do not feel sympathy for the bag of Oreo’s you ate because you were bored or stressed. If it’s yours, own it and claim it! I have my “moments” but I do not blame anyone for my poor choices. I don’t blame the junk food in my house on my kids because I buy the food! I don’t have the luxury of blaming poor eating habits on anyone else because I’m not married (yet)!

I’m holding myself accountable for the choices I make (good and bad) as it pertains to continuing my weight loss journey. I’ve maintained a positive attitude because that’s what carries me forward.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...