Who is Miesha Roshawn?

Monday, January 9, 2012

Miesha's Black Bean Veggie Burgers

Please keep in mind that this is my own personal recipe. Be courteous and link back to me if you decide to share it :-)

Ingredients: 

1 (16 oz) can black beans rinsed
2 cu cooked brown rice
1/2 cu (unseasoned) bread crumbs
1/2 cu chunky salsa
2 large eggs beaten
1/2 cu zucchini chopped
1/2 cu mushrooms chopped
4 scallions (green onion) chopped
4 garlic cloves minced
4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp sea salt (optional)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder

Rinse black beans then mash them in a bowl with a fork

Add cooked brown rice, bread crumbs, salsa, eggs, zucchini, mushrooms, scallion, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder to bowl and mix (mash) well. 


Add half of extra virgin olive oil to skillet. Bring to medium heat. Form patties to place in skillet. Do not add patties until the skillet with oil is fully heated.


Allow patties to brown completely on each side, approximately 8-10 minutes. Be mindful when flipping the patties that they are still somewhat fragile. 


You can serve these as desired, I like mine with lettuce, tomato, mustard and ketchup .My girls like shredded melted cheese on top! Enjoy!

5 comments:

Dawnya said...

Okay...when I first read the title I was like "heck nah". However...I see that I will need to add this to next weeks menu plan. They look delish!!!

Thanks for sharing.

BTW...how is your sister doing on her health and wellness goals?

A Haute Mommy said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe. As part of my goals I decided to implement healthy lifestyle changes including healthy eating. I need to find more healthy alternatives for what I cook because I mainly cook southern foods which isn't too healthy. This burger sounds delicious and I must try it.

MissHaneefa said...

Can you say delicious! I will have to try this soon.

Shawn said...

looks like I will be trying this soon! thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

I will have to try this....it looks so yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...