Who is Miesha Roshawn?

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

P90X challenge rules!

On Monday November 1st I’ll be starting the P90X workout! I have done the first Power 90 (had great results but didn’t stick with it the entire time) and I have heard nothing but good things about P90X from those that have done it or are currently doing it. I figured why do it alone when I can have friends & family sweat it out with me? I’m in my last week of my first round of Turbo Fire’s 12 week program. Turbo Fire is great and I LOVE the workouts but I’m looking for more definition with strength training to get rid of these last few pounds I want to drop.

Here are the rules for the challenge:

  1. Record your weight and measurements (very important) on days 1, 30, 60 and 90. I weigh myself every Monday and you can weigh in once a week as well. Just be sure to record your weight on your milestone days to track progress.
  2. Take full body pictures of yourself (or have someone take them for you) front, back, left & right side shots on days 1, 30, 60 and 90. Preferably wear something form fitting/belly bearing so that you can actually SEE your progress.
  3. Check in on Monday’s to let everyone know how you’re doing.
  4. Keep a food journal daily. This can be hard for most if you’ve never done it but it is the key to success. I personally carry a medium size spiral bound notebook everywhere I go and write down my food and beverages. I also log my workouts in the same place.
  5. Get your workouts in 5-6 days a week. It doesn’t matter what time of the day you do it, just get it done! The program suggests 6 days a week with one rest day but if you haven’t been on a consistent workout schedule going 6 days initially can be tough! Try not to schedule your rest day back-to back if you are working out 5 days a week. You have to be super dedicated to jump right back in after taking off a couple of days in a row. As you get stronger, work your way up to 6 days a week.
  6. The weekends and holiday’s are not an excuse to slack on your workouts! If you’re supposed to get a workout in on a holiday, make sure you get it in early!
  7. Drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water a day.
  8. Soreness IS NOT a reason to quit lol! You will be sore but you’re supposed to be sore for change to happen. If you are in PAIN go see your doctor J!
  9. Set a realistic, attainable goal for yourself. Where would you like to be in 30 days…90 days etc.??
  10. Be honest with yourself about your commitment. Only you will know for sure if you are giving it your all, don’t cheat yourself!

I am currently in the process of setting up a forum for everyone to join to talk about our progress, pitfalls (there will be some) and successes! Remember we are all in this together, there is strength in numbers! Good luck! - Miesha

1 comment:

Unknown said...

although I am not ready to start something as intense as P90X...I am very inspired by your determination and discipline. Your blog is the first that I've actually went back to your beginning to see everything you had to say. Thank you for deciding to share your experiences. I'm a newby with journalling my experience mainly for my own record but please check me out every now and then. http://diamondangeljournal.blogspot.com/ Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...