Who is Miesha Roshawn?

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Spinning!!

I stepped outside of my comfort zone this morning (workout DVDs) and braved my first spinning class. Arriving at the YMCA at 8 am, I wasn't quite sure what to expect? What I got was a heart pumping, fast paced, ass kicking bike ride! Now mind you I had already completed level one of the 30 day shred before I left the house! My legs felt like jello when all was done but I think I did a pretty darn good job of keeping up...even the instructor said so :-)!

I felt amazing once the 60 minutes was up, we actually rode for 50 minutes with a 10 minute cool down. I walked out of there with another "FAV" workout to add to my list! The instructor warned me that I'd probably feel a bit sore tomorrow and I brushed it off, I workout 6 days a week...how much soreness would I actually feel? Well as I'm typing this (not even 24 hours later) my ass is ridiculously sore and I can barely sit down but I'm still trying to figure out where I can squeeze in another spinning class before next Saturday! That's what love and dedication is all about!

For me a lot of my journey is about finding new ways to physically challenge my body. I want to do things that I never thought I'd be able to or want to do. Spinning WAS one of those things. My mission continues!

2 comments:

Ms. Cyone said...

First of all you and are your girls are beautiful!! Thanks for posting your before pics, its wonderful to see where you've come from and where you are now! And I can only imagine what Spinning is like, I've been using my recumbent bike this week and know I've had to sit there after the workout just to be able get my legs back.

Miesha Roshawn said...

You're too sweet! Thank you very much! I think it's important to share so others can see that it is possible. My workouts have to keep me interested and make me feel good or I won't do it lol! Spinning was able to do both! Give it a try at some point, I'm sure you'll love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...